|Address|| College of Natural Sciences
Department of Mathematics
17 University Ave. Ste 1701
San Juan, PR 00925-2537
|Office||NCN II C-121/ NCN A-206|
|Telephone||(787) 764-0000 88282/ 88283|
PhD, University of London, Imperial College,, 1981
Mathematical Statistics, Applications of Bayesian Statistics, Computational Statistics
- Pericchi L.R. and Torres D. (2012) ”Quick anomaly detection by the Newcomb-Benford Law, with applications to electoral processes data from the USA, Puerto Rico and Venezuela” Statistical Science, 26,4, p. 502-516.
- Fuquene J.A., Cook J.D. and Pericchi L.R. (2009) “A Case for Robust Bayesian Priors with Applications to Clinical Trials”, BAYESIAN ANALYSIS, Vol. 4, Number 4, pp. 817-846. Available electronically in: http://ba.stat.cmu.edu/vol04is04.
- Berger J.O. and Pericchi L.R., The Intrinsic Bayes Factor for Model Selection and Prediction. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 91, 433 (1996), 109-122.
- Mendez B. and Pericchi L.R. (2009) Assessing Conditional Extremal Risk of Flooding in Puerto Rico. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessesment, 23, 3, pp.399-410.
- Berger J.O. and Pericchi L.R. Training samples in objective Bayesian model selection. The Annals of Statistics, Vol. 32, No. 3 (2004), 841-869.
- Pericchi, L.R., Model Selection and Hypothesis Testing based on Objective Probabilities and Bayes Factors. Handbook of Statistics, D. Dey and C.R. Rao editors, Vol. 25 (2005), 115-149.
Selected Grants and Awards
- Elected Ordinary Member of the International Statistical Institute, 1989
- Guggenheim Fellowship (Jul.1997-Jun.1998)
- Principal Invesigator, 2006-2008 NSF Grant: “A Synthesis of Objective Bayes Factors for Model Selection and Hypothesis Testing”. Amount: $75,000.
- Principal Invesigator, 2006-2011 NSF Grant: “Accelerating Puerto Rican students into the National Research Effort in Mathematics and Computer Science”. Amount: $500,000.
El Profesor Pericchi ha sido electo Miembro de
la International Society for Bayesian Analysis ISBA.
Centro de Bioestadistica y Bioinformatica: