|Address|| College of Natural Sciences
Department of Mathematics
17 University Ave. Ste 1701
San Juan, PR 00925-2537
|Office||NCN II C-115|
|Telephone||(787) 764-0000 88261|
PhD, State University of New York, Stony Brook, 1990
Functional Analysis; Algebra of Operators; Index Theory; Global Analysis; Noncommutative Differential Geometry
- Gong, Guihua: On the classification of simple inductive limit C*-algebras. I. The reduction theorem. Doc. Math. 7 (2002), 255–461
- Gong, Guihua (joint with Li, Liangqing and Elliott, George): On the classification of simple inductive limit C*-algebras. II. The isomorphism theorem. Invent. Math. 168 (2007), no. 2, 249–320.
- Gong, Guihua (joint with Wang, Qin and Yu, Guoliang): Geometrization of the strong Novikov conjecture for residually finite groups. J. Reine Angew. Math. 621 (2008), 159–189.
- Gong, Guihua (joint with Elliott, George): On the classification of C*-algebras of real rank zero. II. Ann. of Math. (2) 144 (1996), no. 3, 497–610. 46L05 (19K56 46L80)
- Gong, Guihua: Relative K-cycles and local elliptic boundary conditions. Comm. Partial Differential Equations 21 (1996), no. 1-2, 341–362. (Annouced as on Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 28 (1993), no. 1, 104–108.)
Selected Grants and Awards
- NSF grant DMS 9401515, June 1994 –May 1996
- NSF grant DMS 9622250, June 1996 –May 1999
- NSF grant DMS 9970840, June 1999–May 2002 (Total: $130,551)
- NSF grant DMS 0200739, June 2002–April 2007 (Total: $222,925)
- NSF grant DMS 0701150 July 2007–June 2010 (Total: $195,000)
- DEPSCoR grant 40998-MA-DPS, June 2000 –May 2003
- Ulam Visiting Professor, University of Colorado,
Boulder, Dec. 1997–Feb. 1998.
- Israel Halperin Prize, June, 2000.
- UPR Scholarly Productivity award, 2000.
- Early promotion to full professor on distinct merit, July 2001.
Editor-in-Chief: Communications in Mathematical Research
Editorial Board: Journal of Topology and Analysis (World Scientific)
Science Watch highlights work of Gong, Li and Elliot